The sun is up; the flowers are in full bloom; the birds are chirping – spring is ready to embrace your house. To keep this scenic sight, your next step as a homeowner is to get your sprinkler system up and ready for spring. After all, no one wants a withering, dry yard this season.
To help you get started, here are a couple of things to remember to get your yard fresh and green as ever.
Make Sure Your Sprinklers are Ready
Now that winter is over, it is time to get ready with your sprinkler system for the spring season. It is known that many homeowners turned their sprinkler system off during the winter months as most vegetation went into dormant stage. Every March, most people begin to clean up their yards and prepare the flower beds for planting. Before the planting begins, it is necessary to have the sprinkler system turned on and repairs should be conducted beforehand to avoid any unforeseen damages.
Is Your Sprinkler System Working Fine?
As discussed above, preparing your sprinkler system is necessary before you start filling your yard with greens. Preventing damaged sprinklers also stop potential droughts within your plants. Here’s a quick guide for an initial system check:
- Check your sprinkler system monthly; if it’s not spring, maybe even twice a week. It is easier for you to check by turning on one single station at a time.
- Use the test function controller to check the sprinkler system.
- Look for the low pressure or geysers area. If a station has a low pressure or the spray heads are not completely popping up, there might be a leak.
- Check the shrub risers to make sure they are not misaligned and spraying water on door, wall or window frames.
- Go and check the irrigation clock and run through all the zones. Visually check for leaks and thoroughly check the proper head adjustment.
Ask Help from Sprinkler Experts
If you think that your spring preparation is not enough or there might be something wrong with your watering system, don’t hesitate to seek advice from experts. Give us a call today at Georgetown Irrigation Specialists so we can help you take care of your sprinkler system during any season here in the Georgetown, Sun City Texas area.